Friday, January 9, 2009

So much for down time...

I guess this is the pay back for raving about having no where to go over the holidays. It has been a whirlwind every since Christmas. After we got back from Minnesota, we were right back to busy. Mom's Group was Tuesday Cale and I headed off there, while Colby went to Sleepy Hollow for sledding. Wednesday was New Years Eve, we went over to one of Shawn's friends, luckily for me we celebrated with the New Yorkers so I was asleep right before midnight. Then on New Years Day we went to Shawn's Dads' to watch the Hawkeye's play in their bowl game. And since then Cale has been sick. He started running a fever that day and continued to run one off and on, but had no other symptoms. Yesterday he said both of his ears hurt and in the next 20 minutes was SCREAMING and CRYING because of the pain. It was horrible. The whole time he had a fever I kept asking him, does your throat hurt, ears, stomach. NOTHING, then out of no where it comes yesterday. So after my trip to the OB for my regular check up we were off to the doctor with Cale. He has ear infection in BOTH ears. UGH! Is it spring yet? I just want to open up my house and get the sick out.
By the way, pretty excited about my doctors appointment yesterday. I was a little worried about my weight, you know with the holidays and all, but I only gained 2 pounds. That to me is almost like losing weight! Shawn may be in a smidgen of trouble because when I asked him what he guessed my gain was he said 8 pounds....I think his answer from now on will be " I don't think you look like you've gained an ounce my pretty." Although he claims he was trying to be nice because I was thinking like 10 or more. I'll let it slide this time....

0 comments: