Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting in the groove of things....Again!

Putting the angel on the tree!
Shawn's birthday-lunch at El Rodeo...Yummy!

The boys at the wrestling tournament in Waukee.

Colby at the Capital

Halloween-Colby, Cale, and Riley (a friend from the neighborhood)

It seems like I keep doing these blog updates where I claim we have been busy and I promise to do better. And this is kind of the same thing....sorry. So here goes.....
  • The boys went trick or treating with Dad and some other friends from the neighborhood, it was unseasonably warm. I remember having to put my winter coat under my costumes when I was little. It was so nice. Cale was Aang from Avatar (a Nick cartoon) and Colby was a Minnesota Vikings player.
  • Amy and I went to see Dolly Parton at the Civic Center, it was an awesome show! She is one talented lady, and soooo funny. She sure looks great for 62! Amy and I had a great time, it was sooo much fun.
  • We implemented "date night" with the boys. Each week Shawn and I switch boys and we get some one on time with each of them. This picture is from when Colby and Shawn took a trip to the Iowa Historical Building and the Capital.
  • The boys started wrestling in November. Dowling Catholic School has a Mat Club for ages 4 through 8th grade. They practice on Sundays and Tuesdays. The weekend following Thanksgiving they participated in a tournament in Waukee. Colby got 3rd place and Cale got 4th place. They seem to be loving it!
  • Shawn's birthday was last weekend, so after the wrestling tournament we went to El Rodeo for lunch with his family. Gotta love a cute guy in a sombrero!
  • Last night we put up our Christmas tree. The boys had so much fun getting out all the ornaments. Every year we get a new ornament and its always fun to look back from past years. Both the boys wanted to put the angel on the top so Dad lifted them up for a little team work. As you can see even Maggie wanted to help, she is wearing her Christmas bow.
  • I'm now 20 weeks along, 1/2 way there! This week we go to the doctor for our ultrasound. We should be able to find out if we are having a BOY or Girl, although my guess is BOY. Which is perfectly fine, I know how they work. I'm just praying that we have another healthy baby. Our lives are so blessed and we can't wait to add another little miracle to our family. I love being on this end of the camera!

I promise to keep up this blog better, just as life promises to slow down a bit. If only there were more hours in the day.




1 comments:

Jena said...

welcome back jenn! 20 weeks already? that went by fast (for me anyway!) lol! see you soon!!