Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bells Will Be Ringing.....




Our family is so blessed. I really hope to instill on our boys the importance of helping those that are less fortunate than us. There are lots of ways to help others and I want the boys to realize how nice it feels to contribute to this world.


I was reading a newspaper article a couple weeks ago about the fact that the Salvation Army had a huge shortage of volunteers this year. It said that when there is no one there to man the kettles the donations go way down, I thought this totally made sense I almost never put money in the kettle if someones not there. Not sure why, but I don't, and I guess most others don't either.


Soooooo last Friday Cale and I went to RING THE BELL, and tomorrow night Colby and I will RING THE BELL. We are working at the same location, inside Merle Hay Mall near the food court. It was a lot of fun, and am looking forward to tomorrow with Colby. Its not a huge thing, but its a start.

5 comments:

Jena said...

what a great idea jenn! I think my 3-yr old would seriously LOVE that!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!!

Dara said...

jenn, i love your spirit of giving back - you are so awesome.

Lori Eilers said...

Who could resist putting some $$ in the kettle with that adorable bell ringer? Way to go Idaho!

amain said...

I might have to steal this idea for our family for next year...
thanks for the inspiration!!