Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I read a similar post on my friend Becky's blog, and I'm sure that is something we all feel often at this time of year. I am a huge fan of Glenn Beck -listening to his radio show and watching his show on CNN daily I guess you could call me a groupie. We have tickets to go to his Christmas show next week--one of his nine city tour stops is here in Des Moines, can you believe how lucky we are? I am totally pumped. He describes his show as politically incorrect since there is a lot of talk of Christmas and Jesus. I love it.

Today I stopped at Dahl's near our house to mail our Christmas cards, and outside was a man ringing the bell for The Salvation Army donations. This guy was so funny. You could hear him inside the store and all through the parking lot. MERRY CHRISTMAS! he was saying at the top of his lungs, how refreshing to hear those words. I heard one woman say "its so nice to hear you say that" so he says "well than I'll say it again-"MERRY CHRISTMAS" When I said Merry Christmas to him he said PRAISE THE LORD, I think he was about as politically incorrect as you can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome!!

Dara said...

i love that - and thank you for the Christmas Card - it is awesome