Sunday, January 6, 2008

Back from near death....or what felt like it....

Must have been shortly after my last post that I fell ill, and now finally yesterday and today I am feeling a little bit like I'm back to normal (or as close to normal as I have ever been, :)) After 2 rounds of antibiotics and 3 trips to the doctor I am on the mend. Before Christmas I finally gave in and went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis, after Christmas I'm pretty sure it had turned into pneumonia and finally this week the doctor gave the all clear. My lungs are finally clear. WOOHOO! I was beginning to think if this was dying I was ready to give up.
Shawn told me on Thursday that I HAD to get better, things just aren't the same when Mom is down, ahh a new sense of appreciation. My wonderful husband has always shown appreciation for my hard work, but this definitely brought it to a new level. I was sick the whole time Colby was on Winter Break, so he had both kids to deal with. This is normally his time to regroup since between Christmas and New Years is typically his down time, needless to say he is more than ready to head back to work tomorrow.
I am so lucky to have a partner that was more than willing to step up, I love you baby!

4 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Wow, so glad you are finally on the mend! Bummer to be so sick for so long. Hope we can hang out soon.

Anonymous said...

So good to see you are feeling better!!

Dara said...

so happy to see you today - i missed you - see you tuesday!

amain said...

oh, the story of you being sick for weeks really is so much more pathetic when told by your husband. I think he would do ANYTHING to keep you healthy...especially for the next, what, 15 years???
Glad to have you back!!