Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My sweet Ashlin




Wanted to take a second to blog about my niece Ashlin. Many of you have had the pleasure to get to know her, but there are somethings I wanted to say about her during this important time of her life.


Ashlin,

It seems like only yesterday when your mom found out she was pregnant, right away I knew you would be a girl. The day you were born we (Gma, Kelly, and I) set out for Des Moines, traveling over 70 miles, driving 35 mph through a treacherous ice storm. There wasn't anywhere else we would have been. Even though I was 16, the minute you were born I immediately knew we would have a bond like no other. Now it has been more than 18 years since that day and it continues to grow stronger every day.

I remember introducing you to Shawn, I will save the rest of the story for a better time, like your wedding. You were 5 at the time, and such a funny little girl. We loved to have you and Ayrin come stay with us. I loved to dress you up and do your hair. You and Shawn bonded right away. As much as you've despised his protectiveness of you it is only because he loves you so much.

We have had good times, and bad times. But I believe the bad times made our bond even stronger. Those decisions we had to make were for you to grow and become a better person. I hope you can see that, if not now then in the future. When you hurt, we hurt and when your happy we are ecstatic! We could not love you more if you were our child. We are so proud of everything you have accomplished and how much you have grown. I hope you know how much you mean to our family.

We love you with all of our hearts and we are so proud of the woman your becoming.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying. You are such a sweet auntie!!!

Marcie