Saturday, July 19, 2008

Outrigger Island Vacation Bible School

Miss Lori Starkey & Miss Meg Wetzel with the K, 1, 2 graders
Miss Mindy Abendroth & Miss Sonya Brown with the 3 to Pre-K
Miss Mandy Cecil with 3, 4, 5 graders
Miss Rebecca Baird helping with crafts
Miss Marcie Smith helping with crafts

Okay so I'm finally getting caught up....July 7-11 was Vacation Bible School. Not only did it happen in our backyard, I was the director. Oh what fun, it was an awesome time! Two different mornings I was literally outside on my deck, arms reached out to the sky, praying like no ones business for those pesky rain clouds to goooo away. He answered my prayers, it rained at night or after we were finished, but never more than a few quick sprinkles on our days.
Our theme, Outrigger Island, taught kids the ABC's of becoming a Christian. We had right around 35 kids, which I was thrilled with. We even had a visit from the Des Moines Register, she wrote a story and took pictures of the kids. The kids were great, and I think everyone had a good time. Am I crazy to say this....I can't wait until next year!
I can not even begin to thank the people who gave their time and energy to make it happen. Thanks to everyone for their donations, prayers and helping hands to help out "our kids!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures and for volunteering your house and your time. My kids had a blast :)