Thursday, October 30, 2008

Okay we are home...

One of the sharks in the pool.
Fishies in the pool. You can see the slide, it goes right through the middle.

Picture of the pool area, where the slide goes in.

Yep, were back. As always when you come back from a vacation you are thrown right back into reality and sometimes HARD. We had a wonderful time, it was awesome to have some time for just Shawn and I. Its not that we even did anything that note worthy but just taking uninterrupted time for "us" was great. We ate some great food, that was super cheap, gotta love that about Vegas. We walked around, saw the sights, laughed at the silly people and each other, and basked in the warm sunshine. Below are a few tips I have for you when traveling to Vegas

  • Sign up for the shuttle through the airline, it would have cost us $28 round trip. Instead after some checking on line, must have been outdated info, we decided we would take a cab. $42 to get us to the hotel, we took a shuttle back which was $17.00. Ouch....
  • Do not play BINGO. I love BINGO, but I am obviously not a professional. My head is still spinning at how quick the numbers were thrown out. I couldn't have known if I had won or not.
  • The motto should be up all night, sleep all day. Not up all night, up all day, especially if one is pregnant.

Of course I say all these things in great humor. We stayed downtown at The Golden Nugget. The hotel was beautiful, especially the pool, and there is no way the prices could be beat. And if you have ever been to Vegas you know about the friendly (haha) handouts on the strip, none of this downtown. So clean, it was amazing to us when we went to the strip for the day how different it was. The have an amazing feature downtown called The Fremont Street Experience. It is soooo cool, this website shows some of the detail, but it is absolutely incredible. My favorite was Don McLean's American Pie. They do a show every hour, if your in Vegas it is a must!

All I can say is I'm so glad that Shawn got no pictures of me in my bikini at the pool. Now I'm sure that was quite a sight, but who cares....:)


1 comments:

Jena said...

That sounds like fun!! Glad you guys could do that :)