Friday, November 23, 2007

And What I'm Not Thankful For....


Bathtub 1 - Cale 0
We got home from Shawn's Dad's house around 4:30 yesterday, we planned to start a fire and hang out. Shawn and I told the boys to go get in the tub and that is about where are night of relaxing ended.... Cale fell when he got shortly after he got in, and if you know Cale he got right up "I'm OK" then he fell again. This time he was crying, I was like your OK, then I went to get jammies. Colby says Mom Cale's bleeding.... So off we went to Blank ER, and I can tell you that is not a good place to be on Thanksgiving night. I said it's a good thing Cale is on an antibiotic for a sinus infection or who knows what he probably would have gotten. I kept telling Colby don't touch anything. So keep us in your prayers that we don't get what ever was floating around in there.
We arrived at 5:30 and were discharged at 9:15. Four stitches later we are all recovering.
Note: this is the 3rd time Cale has split his eye open, left eye-coffee table-glue to the eye, right eye-dining room chair-butterfly strips, left eye-bathtub-stitches. I'm ready to put him in a bubble until he's 20.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better - what a way to end Thanksgiving day!

Lori Eilers said...

Oh, sooo sad! He might need Pastor Lori chocolate cake to make him feel better. Well, it works for big people! Give him a kiss for me and we will pray it heals up quick!

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Oh, I am sooo sorry!!!! ;o( Hope he feels better soon! We are praying from him and all of you, hopefully you don't get sick! :O|

Jenn said...

PL I don't know if he knows about your secret chocolate cake but it would probably make his parent feel better. Love ya...:)

Jena said...

Ouch! I hope he heals fast! Mederma for kids is something you may want to have in stock ;)

Dara said...

poor buddy. i hope that he is feeling good soon.

daine said...

have you considered a helmet! something cool with big vents and built in bullet proof sunglasses.

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!!