Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving....

We spent Sunday with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving. We drove to Orient to have lunch at my Mom's house. We took Ashlin and Ayrin with us since their mom was working. My brother came back from Omaha, his wife was working so she couldn't join us. Her mother Marjorie joined us, she is such a sweetheart. My aunt Janet, sister Kelly and her boyfriend Dave were also there. We had a nice time, the boys always love to go there since we aren't around much farmland here. It is amazing as I grow up how different things look in my hometown. Such a small town, everything looks so different.
Thursday we are going to Shawn's Dads house for lunch. He and his girlfriend Barb are hosting lunch for the second year in a row. Barb has 4 daughters and Shorty's 2 (Shawn & Sheila) so its a big group once you add in the spouses and grandkids. Its a fun group to be around. Barb has been widowed almost 10 years and Shorty just 5 years, its been such a blessing to see them happy. They are kind of fun to sit and watch, they just seem to be in their own little world.

What a great time to be with friends and family, I just want to take time to make sure we give Thanks for all we have been blessed with.

0 comments: