Monday, October 29, 2007

I love it....or no


So this past weekend Shawn and I were having a conversation about how we really need to be trying to get the boys to eat healthier. We try but sometimes when we are really busy trying to be quick definitely isn't healthy. I realize its so just about better planning so I'm trying. Today I went to the grocery store and stocked up on some healthy snack alternatives and also tried to do some meal planning. That brings us to dinner tonight.....Cale helped make dinner with Dad. They made homemade fries, broccoli and grilled some steaks. He thought the fry idea was cool. They cut them, tossed them in some olive oil and baked them. So all of this delicious food is on his plate. We begin the debate about the broccoli. So he eats it (FINALLY), declares that he loves it, Shawn says do you want some more buddy. No thanks Dad, and he hops down, I don't think he even got one step away from the table when he vomits all over the kitchen. Shawn was like that'll teach us. So for the rest of tonight he has been telling anyone who'll listen-his tubby toys, Maggie, Colby, the walls ~ANYONE-that he loves broccoli! Too funny. I guess its good that he hasn't banished it from his list.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh the joy! I guess its a good thing he didn't blame being sick on the broccoli! What a little trooper!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! What a little cutie. My kids would have definately blamed it on the broccoli. :)

Dara said...

oh for sure! bless his heart.