Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkins galore....






So yesterday for Mom's Group we headed out to Cumming, Iowa to Howell's Pumpkin Patch. We had such a good time, we couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather, and the kids were great. We got to take a tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch so the kids could pick their own pumpkins. I loved Amy's family rule, if you can lift it you can buy it. I got the honor of taking Lisi along with Cale and I, because Amy was feeling a bit under the weather. She picked a perfect size pumpkin following the rule of course. Cale picked the very smallest pumpkin I think I have ever seen. We picked one out for Colby (since he was at school) and one for Maggie too, couldn't leave her out. The kids got to feed the goats, see pigs, turkeys, horses, and geese. The loved using the old fashioned water pump to fill the horse trough. It was great to see these CITY KIDS loving the farm. After a busy morning we headed back into town and stopped at Happy Joe's for pizza and ice cream, yummy! What a wonderful day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures by Erica!! Just came across them :) I can't WAIT until ours are done!!!!!