Sunday, February 17, 2008

Daniel Fast



So tonight starts the Daniel Fast we are doing with our church. It is a 21 day fast, but the first 24 hours are juice only. I'm thinking this will be the hardest part. So far so good, okay so I'm only a little over 2 hours in but hey.... Shawn and I spent the last hour or so cleaning fruits and vegetables. I think alot of making it is going to be just being prepared. We have a juicer which really makes awesome juice, it is so frothy its almost like a shake. Yummy! Starting tomorrow night we have a ton of recipes to try and that should keep us healthy or full.
I'm really excited about this, I think its going to be incredible. Rough, but incredible. Shawn couldn't believe I was even contemplating this. I don't have the healthiest diet. I got a journal and I'm going to start writing everyday, this should really help to get closer to God. Keep my family in your prayers, we will need it.

3 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Will be praying if you pray for us too! :O) Giving up sweets and ice cream for 21 days! :O| Let me know if you make any recipes that are super yummy!!! :O)

Angela said...

I can't wait to hear how God reveals himself through this journey! What an awesome opportunity for our church family!

Dara said...

hey i found some soy ice cream tonight - i didn't buy it or actually check to see if it was sugar free or not - but those organic sections really have more than I thought they would. I am going to make it!