Monday, February 18, 2008

It continues...

Okay so one day down. Seriously it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Colby kept questioning me-what if you get really hungry, what if your stomach is growling. I said you know its all about what you think about, I will pray and be just fine and I was. Shawn and I made some yummy juice last night-banana,orange,apple,pineapple. I think the banana made all the difference it added a little substance to it. Other than that we drank a lot of water. Last night I started writing in my journal, reading the bible and I felt very much at peace. It truly is mind over matter.

Late this afternoon as the timer started ticking down in my head, I made a salad dressing. So we both had a whole plate of veggies and salad. Then I had some cashews. Then I started to make dinner. We had homemade fries and I sauteed some green beans in a little olive oil, added garlic and mushrooms. It was delicious.

Today I also made the commitment to do the Purpose Driven Life along with this. I have had the book forever and stopped and started it. I was close to have only 21 days left anyways so I'm going to read the days as we go through the fast.

Praise God, I'm feeling good! No headaches, and I don't think I've been grumpy. But you may have to ask my hubby to confirm this one.

1 comments:

Dara said...

awesome for you guys - i am so proud of you. its going to be an amazing journey!