Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moving....ugh!

We spent last weekend helping my mom to move. She purchased a home in Stuart, Iowa, I'm so excited for her. She hasn't owned a home since my parents divorced in 1979. WOW! She is pretty pumped to know that this is her house. She has been working in Stuart since September and driving back to her house in Orient, she had been talking about wanting to move to Stuart and Shawn and I finally convinced her she should buy.
Closing was supposed to happen on Friday (3:00) and the key word would be supposed to. We have had nightmare after nightmare with the mortgage broker and at 2:00 on Friday they called to say it was going to have to be Monday. Luckily the current owner was nice enough to let us go ahead and move her, since the u-haul and all the helpers were already in line. The only stipulation, she couldn't stay there. So it was supposed to happen yesterday, again supposed to. Now they are saying today, and I think if it doesn't happen my Mom is going to explode. All of her stuff is in her new house, her old house is empty. So I think she's feeling homeless. She stayed with us Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Then stayed with her sister last night because the weather was too bad to drive here. Please keep her in your prayers that she can be in her own bed tonight, and all of this mess will be put to rest. I'll let you know soon the broker you definitely don't want to use.....

1 comments:

Dara said...

oh bless her heart - how frustrating is that! I think if we hadn't closed on this at the scheduled time I would have gone to pieces.