Monday, September 10, 2007

Branson Missouri Blog 2


So while I was online last week researching Branson (because to be honest, I know nothing about the place) I see a show called the Hamner Barber Variety Show, this interests me because HELLO-Hamner is my maiden name, and its just not something you hear very often. So I decided after reading some reviews it was something I wanted to see, and I'm so glad we did. It was great. Dave Hamner is an illusionist and Jim Barber is a ventriloquist. The show lasted 2 hours and the boys really liked it too. After the show the performers came out and greeted people, so I had to share that I was a former Hamner also. Dave was so cool. He said I looked like one of his cousins, Shawn thought he reminded him of my brother. Anyways, it was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we went. He told us to keep in touch and let him know if we wanted to come back. The funniest thing was when we were leaving and Colby says its kind of like we were at church because during the show before one trick Dave asked the audience to say a prayer that a particularly difficult stunt would work and when we left he hugged us and said God Bless You. Kids they are too funny.

0 comments: