Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dinner!


I almost forgot....my dinner dilemma....in my (almost) 10 year marriage for the most part my wonderful hubby has prepared dinner. He likes to cook and is good at it so it was just something he has always done. That is did-past tense.

Since March when he opened the new office he usually arrives home around dinner time, and then he says do you have any ideas for dinner, and I'm like uhhhh? So this week as I talked with Amy, I said cooking isn't something I don't like and its not that I'm not good at it, I just had fallen out of that role. So I made it a goal to start doing better planning and I will have you know that this week I made:

  1. Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, lima beans, and a salad
  2. Fried chicken, noodles with mushrooms, spinach, and red peppers and beets
  3. Meatloaf, hash browns, and corn
  4. Chicken & Rice (Amy's famous) (delicious!)

I think that's a pretty good start, if I don't say so myself. Yeah me!

3 comments:

Jena said...

you are inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so funny. Chrysti gives me such a hard time, because at one time I actually made a MENU for my hubby and I to use when we were trying to figure out what to eat. :)

amain said...

OK, you make it sounds like I cook! It is my cutie husband who does nearly all the cooking in our home, too:) But I am trying to get better, so we can all encourage one another:)