Sunday, August 5, 2007

Girls Day Out!


Yesterday was Girls Day Out it was great time! At 9:30 we met in the "church parking lot" and headed out to Williamsburg for some serious shopping. It was tax free weekend so I think the idea was to get back to school shopping done. Clothes shopping for Colby is nearly impossible unless he is with me, because he really needs to try pants on. But needless to say I shopped until I dropped and got some great deals. A group of 8 of us left from West Des Moines, and another 3 came from Ankeny and met us there. It was downright pouring all morning but by the time we met and had lunch the sun was out. It was fun to get to know some of the people I don't know as well. Its so fun to share stories, of how we all got to this place in our lives. Kristal took a picture of us when we got back of all of our purchases, I'm hoping she emails it to me so I can add it to this blog. It was hilarious. Amy Main told me the other day that God knows what he is doing when he puts people together and that is SOOOOOOOO true. I got some really cute clothes, great back to school clothes for me...when I take Colby back to school. heeheehee It was a great day, and a much needed break on my part. Sounds like Shawn and the boys had a good day, they went to the Science Center and had some fun. Great times all around, we truly are blessed!

1 comments:

amain said...

Hey, I am all about looking good in the the pre-school pick up line...it is my only 'social scene':) Glad to know you will be super-styley, too!!